Area of Specialization:
- Ecology and Conservation Biology
- Climate Change and Adaptation: Public health perspective
- Climate Change Policy and gender mainstreaming
- Climate Justice and the Commons governance
CONFERENCES, SEMINARS AND WORKSHOPS ATTENDED
- 2021: EAI 4th International Conference on Innovation and Interdisciplinary solutions for underserved areas, Online 12-13th April 2021. Theme: Nature based solutions, gender equity and interconnectivity for climate resilience in Africa
- 2008: VicRes Project Leaders meeting, Kampala, Uganda
- 2007: Relevance of Intellectual Property Rights to Institutions of Higher Learning.
- 2007: Kenyatta University Capacity Building for Mentors.
- 2007: Mainstreaming of HIV and AIDS in the University curriculum.
- 16th –22nd March 2008. VicRes proposal writing workshop in Jinja, Uganda.
- 2005: International postgraduate Biological Science conference KU
- 2004: International postgraduate zoological conference, KU.
- 2002: Prota Workshop. World Agroforestry Center ICRAF, Nairobi
- 1994: Biotechnology Platform, the way forward since Beijing, Nairobi University.
- 1993: Mapping strategies for the Kenya Association of Women Scientists and Engineers at ICIPE.
- 1991: Advances in Labiatae Science, Kew, England,
- 1984: Planning Fuelwood Projects, Lilongwe, Malawi. Presented a paper on Useful Trees of the Kenyan Coast.
- Amadi, J.A., Olago, D.O., Ong’amo, G.O., Oriaso, S.O., Nyamongo, I.K., Estambale, B.B. A. 2018 “We don’t want our clothes to smell smoke”: Changing malaria control practices and opportunities for integrated community-based management in Baringo, Kenya BMC Public Health, 18: 609 https://doi.org /10.1186/s12889-018-5513-7
- Amadi, J.A., Olago, D.O., Ong’amo, G.O., Oriaso, S.O., Nyamongo, I.K., Estambale, B.B. A., 2018, Sensitivity of vegetation to climate variability and its implications for malaria risk in Baringo, Kenya PLOS ONE, 13(7):e0199357
- Amadi, J.A., Ong’amo, G.O., Olago, D.O., Oriaso, S.O., Nyamongo, I.K., Estambale, B.B. A., 2018, Mapping the potential Anopheles gambiae s.l. larval distribution using remotely sensed climatic and environmental variables in Baringo, Kenya. Medical and Veterinary Entomology, 32, 417–426 doi:10.1111/mve.1 2312
- Mwangi, B., Ombogo, M., Amadi, J., Baker, N. and Mugalu, D., 2012, Fish species composition and diversity of small riverine ecosystems in the Lake Victoria basin, Kenya, International journal of science and technology,2,92224-35773