Dr. Edwin Atianyi Gimode
Director of Students Affairs
RESEARCH AND PUBLICATIONS
Articles in Referred Journals
- Wangari Mwai, Edwin Gimode and C. Kabaya(2015): Reading the Story of Jesus Christ as an Epic in Cultural and Religious Studies,3, No 4: Libertyville, USA, David Publishing Company ISSN2328-2177, pg. 217-226.
- Edwin Gimode (2003): “The Report on Devil Workshop in Kenya in the 1990s: A Critique”, in A Temple and D.Waruta (eds), Africa Challenge: All Africa Journal of Theology. 1, No. 2 Nairobi: AACC, pp. 96-105.
- Edwin Gimode(2001) :“An Anatomy of Violent Crime and insecurity in Kenya: The Case of Nairobi.1985 – 1999”. In Felicia Oyekanmi (ed.), Africa Development Vol. xxvi,and 2 Dakar: CODESRIA, pp. 295-336., ISSN 0850 3907).
CHAPTERS IN BOOKS
- Edwin Gimode 2020: ‘Kenya’s Brush with the Terrorist Scourge and Implications for National and Regional Security:Playing Proxy and Paying Collateral Damage,1976-2002,’ in Amutabi,M.N.and L.H.Henry (eds.) Diversity and Sustainable Development in Africa,pp.272-284.
- Edwin Gimode 2004: Globalization, Islam and Social Policy in Kenya, in Globalization and Social Policy in Africa, edited by Tade Aina et al. CODESRIA Dakar 2004, ISBN 2- 86978- 130X
- Edwin Gimode 2007: The Role of the Police in Kenya’s Democratization Process, in Kenya: The Struggle for Democracy, edited by Godwin Murunga and Shadrack Nasongo, Zed Publishers, London and New York 2007, ISBN 978 – 1- 84277-87-6
- 1996: Edwin Gimode. Tom Mboya: A Biography, East Africa Educational Publishers, Nairobi edited by Simiyu Wandibba ISBN 9966-46-4658
Conferences, Workshops, Public Lectures and Institutes
Presentation of papers at Academic Conferences
- Oct 29,30 2020:Presented paper at the10th Annual International Interdisciplinary Conference, Nairobi: ‘Kenya’s Brush with the Terrorist Scourge on National and Regional Security: Playing Proxy and Paying Collateral Damage,1976-2002’.
- Jan 24,2020:Presented two papers at the Dept. of History Archaeology and Political Studies, being part of the Departmental Seminar Series-
- Kenya: the Evolution of a Multi-Ethnic State’
- The Scourge of Contemporary Terrorism in Kenya as Collateral Damage on Behalf of the West.
- Nov 25- Dec 18, 2019: Served as an Erasmus+ International Credit Mobility Exchange Academic Staff, at National University of Public Service, Budapest, Hungary. Delivered two papers:
- Kenya: A Historical Evolution of a Multi-Ethnic State,1963-2015
- The Scourge of Contemporary Terrorism in Kenya: Paying Collateral Damage for Association with the West
- Nov (18th –21st) 2006: Attended Annual Conference of the American Academy of Religion (Washington D.C) and presented paper entitled: “Religion in Public Affairs: The Role of the Church in the Struggle for Democracy and a New Constitutional Order in Kenya”
- April 19-22, 2001: “The Evolution of An Assertive Kenyan Ummah in the Late Twentieth – Early Twenty –First Century”–a paper presented at The Islamic Conference on Africa at The Institute of Global Cultural Studies (IGCS) Binghamton University, New York.
- September 2000: “Towards Wholesome Culture in Kenya: A Critique of Current Cultural Trends”.Being a paper read at the Kenyatta University Culture Week Seminars, September 18 – 20, 2000.
- September 1999: “The West and the Rest of Us: Some Reflections on the Concept and Process of Globalisation” Being a paper read at The Kenyatta University Culture Week.
- December 1998: “Globalisation, Islam and Social Policy in Kenya”, a paper presented at CODESRIA’s 9th General Assembly, Dakar, Senegal, being preliminary findings of the Multi- National Working Group project on “Globalization and Social Policy in Africa (later published in 2004)
- August-September 1998: Attended the Governance Institute in Dakar, Senegal, sponsored by CODESRIA.
- Presented a paper entitled: “An Anatomy of Violent Crime and Insecurity in Kenya: The Case of Nairobi, 1985- 1999”.(Later published in 2001)
- March 1997: “The Itinerary of Structural –Functionalism In Western Social Thought”,KUSP/1997/8, Staff Seminar.
- December 1996 : “Attempts at Economic Integration in East Africa: Memories, Problems and Prospects”, being a paper read at The Historical Association of Kenya Symposium, December 6th-8th, at Kenyatta University.
- August 1995 “International Economics and the Survival of the Humanities: the Case of History”, being a paper read at the Historical Association of Kenya . Symposium on August 5-6, at Egerton University.
- June 1992 “Western Stereotypes on African Culture” being a Kenyatta University paper, Department of History.
- 13, 2006 :“Church Leadership and the Politics of Opportunism in Kenya”, a Public lecturer delivered at the Joe Rosenfield Centre on the Grinnell College Campus, Iowa State, U.S.A. – 1978”.
Convening and Cordinating Seminars
- Convened and coordinated the Seminars during the Kenyatta University Culture Week, 1999