Dr. Newton Kahumbi Maina
- 2020 (December 10), Digital Health for Migrant Mothers Network: Maternal Care in Dadaab Refugee Camps, Kenyatta University Research Team Workshop, Kenyatta University Conference Centre.
- 2016 (21st November), Workshop on Ancient Manuscripts at Kenyatta University Conference
- 2013 (4th – 8th), Facilitator Workshop on Islam organized by the Association of Consecrated Women in Eastern and Central Africa (ACWECA), Addis Ababa, Ethiopia,
- 2012 (29th May), The Gulen Movement: Interfaith Dialogue for peaceful co-existence, Intercontinental Hotel, Nairobi. Paper presented: “The Necessity of Interfaith dialogue”.
- 2004 (20th –23rd October), The Quest for Social Change and Development in Kenya, OSSREA (Organisation for Social Science Research in Eastern and Southern Africa) National Workshop Paper Presented: Interpretation of the Qur’an and its Influence on Girls’ Access to Secondary School Education in Kenya
- 2004 (3rd February), Workshop on Gender, Education and Development: Beyond Access; “Pedagogical Strategies for Gender Equality and Quality Basic Education in Schools”, Jacaranda Hotel, Nairobi.
- 2004 (20th –23rd October), OSSREA (Organisation for Social Science Research in Eastern and Southern Africa) Kenya Workshop Paper presented: “Interpretation of the Qur’an and its Influence on Girls’ Access to Secondary School Education in Kenya”.
- 2003 (19th – 22nd February), Interfaith Consultation on Conflict Management and Peace Building Preparatory Workshop, KCB Management Centre, Karen Nairobi. Paper Presented: “Causes and Dimensions of Conflict from an Islamic Religious Perspective”.
- 2002 (25th-28th September), OSSREA Workshop for 16th Social Science Research Award Programme, Addis Ababa Ethiopia.
- 1998 (28th November – 2nd December), OSSSREA Research Workshop for the Tenth Gender Issues Research Award Competition, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- 1995 (7th – 8th August), OSSREA Social Science Research for Environment Improvement,Kenyatta University.
- 1994 (26th – 27th October), Bureau of Educational Research Workshop on Research Skills & Techniques, Kenyatta University.
- 1998 (8th – 12th June), CODESRIA (Council for the Development of Social Science Research in Africa) Methodological Seminar, Silver Springs Hotel, Nairobi.
Community Service and Other Engagements
- 2019 – 2020, Consulted for Oxford University Press as an authors in Grade 5 IRE book for the new CBC curriculum
- 2019 (29th June), PCEA Kariobangi South Married Men Seminar, on the topic: Blossoming Out in Marriage.
- 2018 (21st May), Speech on “The Concept of Freedom and Democracy in the View of Imam Khomeini (R.A) delivered at the Jaffery Islamic Centre Lavington Nairobi on the 29th Anniversary of the sad demise of the founder of Islamic Republic of Iran, Imam Khomeini (RA)
- 2015 (February – October) Premarital Counselling Sessions, Deliverance Church Kasarani, Zimmerman, Nairobi
- 2014 (6 May) Guest Speaker at Kamunyaka Kiumu Secondary School, talk to Teachers, BOM & PTA members, on the topic: Partnership in Academic Success.
- 2013 & 2012: Premarital counselling Sessions, Deliverance Church Kasarani
- 2013 (February 4 – 8): Association of Consecrated Women in Eastern and Central Africa (ACWECA), workshop on Islam (Ethiopia)
- 2009 (31 March): Guest of Honour, Prize-Giving day, Cornerstone Academy, Nairobi; topic: “Partnering to mould our children to excel in Academics”.
- 2008 (7 June): Guest Speaker: 19th Anniversary of Imam Khomeini’s (A) Departure, Nairobi Safari Club. Topic: “Imam Khomeini (R.A) and the Palestinian Movement”.
- 2008 (February): Identifying and Monitoring cases of students who required counselling and mentoring after the re-opening of the University following the Post-election political crisis.
- 2007 (7 July): Chief Guest, Prize Giving Day, Gathirui-ini Sec. School. Topic: The Importance of Discipline in Improving Education Performance.
- 2006 (20 October): Guest Speaker at the International Quds Day, at the Kenya Arab Friendship, Society for the Kenya Muslim Youth Alliance. Topic: The Future of the Palestinian Struggle.
- 2006 (27 May): Guest Speaker at Kenyatta University, Christian Union for Kenyatta University Murang’a University Students. Topic: Life after Graduation.
- 2003 (3 September): Guest Speaker at Gitugi Mixed Secondary School Prize Giving Day. Topic: The Role of Education in National Development, 3rd September 2003.
- Writing, editing and Proofreading Module Materials for the Institute of Open Learning, Kenyatta University.
- Prepared the Primary Teacher Islamic Religious Education (IRE) Syllabus for Somalia.