RESEARCH AND PUBLICATIONS
- Twoli NW, Maundu J N, (1994): Basic Education and Training of Jua Kali Atisans:A case study of Metal Work Sites in Kenya.
- Incorporation of Growing up Sexual Maturation concepts in Testing at both classroom and National Levels(2006). African Journal of Education Studies.Vol.1 No. 2, 71-78.
- Mwangi S, Twoli N, Maundu J, (2011):Context-Based Primary Teacher Training Model: The Way Forward for Kenya. International Journal of Professional Practice. Vol 2, Issue 4, 365-374.
- Maundu J N, Twoli NW, (1996) Environment and dynamics of Jua Kali metal-work as a basic informal industry in Kenya, Kenya Journal of Education, Vol.6, No.1, 71-83.
- Currently Member of the HP Catalyst Initiative Pedagogy 3.0 Project Team on the use of IT in the teaching of Science and Mathematics (Theme: ‘Using Technology to Support Teacher and Learner Conceptual Understanding in Mathematics and Science’)
- Currently member of the Syracuse-Kenyatta University research link team on Teacher Education (Theme: ‘Building Capacity through Quality Teacher Preparation’).
- Jesse S, Twoli N, Maundu J, (2014): Enhancement of Science Performance through Computer-Assisted Instruction among Selected Secondary School Learners in Kenya. Kentucky Journal of Excellence in College Teaching and Learning (Vol 12 )
- Samuel N. Jesse, John N. Maundu, Nicholas W. Twoli (2016). Augmented Instructional Role of the Teacher and Learner characteristics in computer assisted science lessons among secondary schools in Kenya. International Research Journal of Management and social Sciences Vol (1) Issue (7) Year (2016).
- Samuel N.Jesse, John N. Maundu, Nicholas W. Twoli, Influence of curriculum digital content utilization on learners’ assessment and achievement in Biology among secondary schools in Kenya. International Journal for innovation Education and Research. Vol. 6 No 07 2018. ISSN 2411-3123
- Ochanji M. K. , Twoli, N. K., Bwire B., Maundu J. N. Teacher Mentoring for Effective Teacher Training and Development. Teacher Education and Practice, Vol. 30, No. 1. ISSN 0890-6459.
- Judith Kinya Julius, Nicholas W. Twoli, John N. Maundu. Enhancement of Chemistry Self-Efficacy of students using Computer-Aided Instruction among Secondary school learners in Kenya. International Journal for Innovation Education and Research. Vol. 6 No 08 2018. ISSN: 2411-3123
- Judith K. Julius, Nicholas W. Twoli, John N. Maundu. Effect of Computer Aided Instruction on Students and Gender Achievement in Chemistry among selected secondary school students in Kenya. Vol. 9, No. 14, 2018. ISSN 2222-1735
Articles in Conference proceedings
- Maundu J and Githinji A. (2011).Youth employment in Kenya: employability skills for socioeconomic development. In http://cusein Kenya.syr.edu.
- Maundu J. & Kamau T. (2011). Non-formal Education for Societal Transformation: A preliminary survey of Nairobi County. In http://cuse kenya.syr.edu/
- 2002: Muindi D, Maundu J, Kiio M, Wainaina wa Gitau, ECT 300: Peer Teaching Module, Institute of Open Learning, Kenyatta University.
- 2004: Maundu John, Khatete David, ECT 304: Subject Methods-Biology. Institute of Open Learning, KenyattaUniversity.
- 2005: Maundu, J., Sambili H., Muthwii, S, Biology Education-A methodological approach (Revised Edition) . Nairobi: Lectern Publishers.
Chapters in Book(s)
- Maundu, J N, Aims and Objectives of Education. In Instructional Methods in Education. PublishedbyKenya Institute of Education, Nairobi, 2007, ISBN No. 9966-31-625-6.
- Maundu, J N, Measurement and Evaluation in Education. In Instructional Methods in Education. PublishedbyKenya Institute of Education, Nairobi, 2007, ISBN No. 9966-31-625-6.
- Maundu J, The relationship between Pupil Achievement in English Language and Predictor Variables. In Benchmarks for English Language Education, Edited by Ted Groenewegen , Phoenix Publishers, Nairobi, 2008, ISBN No. 996 302 5
Participation in Workshops/Conferences
Attended a National Conference on Early Childhood Education, held at Green Hills, Nyeri, Kenya in 1993
Attended a National Symposium on Education of Girls ,at Machakos, Kenya, Garden Hotel, Machakos, 1994
Attended an ADEA Research Orientation seminar on Non-formal education at Helderfontain, Johannesburg, S.A., 18-20 June, 1997
Attended a conference on Non-formal education at the Bronte Hotel, Harare, Zimbabwe, 13-15 Aug., 1997
Attended a workshop on Training Skills in Reproductive Health at the Outspan Hotel, Nyeri, Kenya, 1998
Attended a UNICEF-sponsored workshop on Life Skills and HIV/AIDS at the Hilton Hotel, Nairobi, (17-19 July, 2000)
Attended a workshop on teaching modules development at Blue Post Hotel, Thika, Kenya, Jan.17-18, 2002
Participated in a Rockefeller Foundation – sponsored seminar on research methods at the Bounty Hotel, Nairobi, on 29th April, 2002
Attended Workshop on the launching of the 11th ADEA Working Group on Mathematics and Science Education, Holiday Inn, Nairobi, Kenya (March 30-31, 2005).
Attended ADEA/SMASSE Conference on Science and Mathematics Education, GITARAMA, Rwanda, June, 2005
Attended departmental seminar on Anti-corruption entitled “Academic and Professional Integrity”, March, 21, 2006 held at the University’s Science Complex Boardroom.
Attended a departmental seminar on Strengthening Science and Mathematics Education, held at the University’s Science Complex Boardroom, February, 21, 2006.
Attended an ADEA/SMASSE Conference on Mathematics/Science Education, Saly, Senegal (May 29-June 2, 2006).
Attended an IT training workshop at the National ICT Innovation and Integration Centre, KSTC, NRB (25-10-11).
Attended a KU-SYRACUSE workshop on Teaching and Learning in Large Classes at KUCC, 13 Oct. 2011. Subsequently produced, with other team members, a Policy brief on the same.
Attended a KU-SYRACUSE workshop on Handling All Learners at KUCC, 24th Oct. 2011.
Attended HP Catalyst Summit on Innovations in STEM (+) Learning and Teaching in Beijing, CHINA 11-14, April, 2012.
Attended an International conference on Advancement of Biology Education Research at the University of Minnesota, USA, (July 12-15, 2012
Attended a seminar on Time Travels – a historical concept for teaching and learning across the curriculum; held in ECT Boardroom on Tuesday, 23/6/2015