Career Profile: A theoretical and applied economist with 10 years of experience in teaching and research. Areas of expertise include Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Informal Sector Economics, Econometrics, Statistics, Public Finance, International Economics, Development Economics, Environmental Economics and Agricultural Economics. A highly experienced researcher with proven strengths in analytical and organization skills, self-driven, result oriented and a team player.
Research Interests: International Economics (Trade and Finance) and Environmental Economics
Seminars and Workshops
17th- 19th April 2018: Attended and made a paper presentation during the 1st Annual International Conference 2018 held at Machakos University. The paper was titled Climate Change and Maize yield in Kenya: An Econometric Analysis. The theme of the conference was: Harnessing Scientific Research, Innovation and Technology for Sustainable Development. The paper was presented under the Sub Theme: - Agriculture, Food Security, And Agribusiness for Community Transformation.
19-24th February 2018: Attended and made a proposal presentation during Methodology and Scholarly Writing Workshop held in Harare Zimbabwe. The presentation was titled. Discursive Contestation of the Political Economy of Hawkers in Nairobi’s Central Business District: A Conceptual Metaphor Analysis
- 20th – 23rd July 2017: Attended Annual Seminar of the KAAD Association of Scholars from East Africa (KASEA) held at Jinja, Uganda. Theme for the seminar: “Education for Life, Education for Development: changing Approaches in A Changing World”
9th December, 2016: Attended and presented a paper in the 33rd Kenyatta University
Postgraduate Seminar in Kenyatta University, Nairobi. Paper title: Effect of Climate Variability on Output and Yield of Selected Crops in Kenya
- 20th – 23rd February 2014 Attended Annual Seminar of the KAAD Association of Scholars from East Africa (KASEA) held at Arusha, Tanzania. Theme for the seminar: “Nature knows no Borders- Natural Resource Management in Regional Perspective”
- 10th-11th SEPTEMBER 2013 – Econometrics and Statistics Workshop on Panel and Time series Data Organized By Department of Econometrics and Statistics Kenyatta University
- 1st – 4th AUGUST 2013 attended Annual Seminar of the KAAD Association of Scholars from East Africa (KASEA) held at Nairobi Kenya. Theme for the seminar: “communion in African Communities”
- 21st-24th MAY 2013 participated in a TOT workshop on integrating HIV and AIDS into the ART courses in the university curriculum. Organized by Aids Control Unit Kenyatta University
- 23rd – 25th November 2012 Attended Annual Seminar of the KAAD Association of Scholars from East Africa (KASEA) held at Kampala Uganda. Theme for the seminar: Towards East African Integration: Regionalization as a New Space for Social and Economic Change
- 26th – 27th July 2012: Econometrics and Statistics Workshop held at Kenyatta University
Kariuki, G. M., Njaramba, J., & Ombuki, C. (2022). Tea Production Response to Climate Change in Kenya: An Autoregressive Distributed Lag Approach. African Journal of Economic Review, 10(1), 2-26.
Kimani, E. W., Gachigua, S. G., & Kariuki, G. M. (2021). Restructured Citizen–Government Relationship in Kenya's 2010 Constitution and the Right of Hawkers to the City in Nairobi. Africa Development/Afrique et Développement, 46(1), 117-140.
- Tindika, O.K.N., Wanjau, K.L., Kariuki, G.M. and Muchiri, J., 2020. Moderating Role of Environmental Dynamism on the Relationship between Opportunity Evaluation and Growth of NGOs in Kenya. Expert Journal of Business and Management, 8(1), pp.98-109.
- Kariuki, G., Njaramba, J., & Ombuki, C. (2020). Maize Output Supply Response to Climate Change in Kenya: An Econometric Analysis. European Scientific Journal, Volume 16(3),63-83.
- Ndeveni, O. K., Wanjau, K. L., Kariuki, G. M., & Muchiri, J. (2019). Entrepreneurial opportunity discovery dimensions and growth of non-governmental organizations in Kenya. International Journal of Research in Business and Social Science (2147-4478), 8(5), 18-26.
- Kamunzyu, B. I., & Kariuki, G. (2019). Effect of financial literacy on employees investment decisions at Kenya Ports Authority, Mombasa Kenya. The Strategic Journal of Business & Change Management, 6 (2), 640 – 657.
- Kariuki, G., Njaramba, J., & Ombuki, C. (2018). Climate Change and Maize Yield in Kenya: An Econometric Analysis. Proceeding of the 1st Annual International Conference held on 17th-19th April 2018, Machakos University, Kenya
- Kariuki, G. M. (2016). Effect of Climate Variability on Output and Yields of Selected Crops in Kenya (Doctoral dissertation, Kenyatta University).
- Kariuki, G. M. (2009). Economic feasibility of live fences: a case study of farms surrounding Kakamega forest (Master’s thesis, Kenyatta University).