Mr. Ochieng’ George Oyombra
Department/Unit/Section: Security and Correctional Science
- I am a focused and an enthusiastic professional with twenty years’ experience as a prisons officer and vast knowledge in Security, Criminal Justice, and Human Rights.
- To be a leader in the dissemination of knowledge, Security Management and promoting the wellbeing of others through respect and promotion of Human Rights.
Duties and Responsibilities as a Tutorial Fellow
- Teaching course units such as: Introduction to Security Management, Law and Human Rights in Security Management; Law, Criminal Justice and Human Rights, Criminal Justice System and Theories of
- Crime in the Department of Security and Correctional Science
- Coordination of Police and Prison Programs in the Department
- Setting exams, marking and grading students
- Timetabling, workload allocation and monitoring of teaching
- Registration and orientation of new students
Noteworthy achievements as a Tutorial Fellow
- Instrumental in the development of Post Graduate Diploma Curriculum in Security Management and Correctional Science for Prisons Cadets
- Member of the Curriculum Review Committee for the various programs offered in the department.
- Appointed by the Vice Chancellor to the committee to negotiate and renew the Memorandum of Agreement between the University and Kenya Prisons Service.
- Appointed by Vice Chancellor as the Prison Programs Coordinator.
- Member of a team of experts from Kenyatta University consulted to develop training curriculum for Rwanda Correctional Service.