Dr Salome Musau is a lecturer at the Department of Accounting and Finance, School of Business at Kenyatta University. She holds a PhD in Finance, Masters in Finance and BED (Mathematics and Business Studies) from Kenyatta University. She is a financial analyst, with a bias in financial inclusion, microfinance and entrepreneurial finance. She is also a Certified Public Accountant (CPA, K) and a member of ICPAK. She has experience in financial reporting, financial management, auditing and assurance. She consults for several organizations in the public and private sectors. A senior trainer with the Governance and Development Institute of Africa in public financial management and governance. She has researched and published several articles in internationally refereed journals in the fields of financial inclusion, microfinance and digital finance and participated in many research conferences. In 2017, she won a grant with National Research Fund of Kenya to financial inclusion macroeconomic variables and stability of commercial banks in Kenya. In 2020 She participated in winning a grant proposal by Bill and Melinda which has since been worn and recently launched at the KU WEE HUB.
Papers in Peer Reefered Journals
- Emongor, E., Musau, S., & Mwasiaji, E. (2020). Non-Interest Income and Insolvency Risk of Commercial Banks in Kenya. Journal of Finance and Accounting, 4(5), 41-54.
- Oketch ,S.& Musau, S.,(2020), Analysis of the effect of Financial Leverage on Loan Repayment among Small and Medium Sized Enterprises in Kenya, International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR), https://www.ijsr.net/search_index_results_paperid.php?id=SR20616114848, Volume 9 Issue 6, June 2020, 978 - 983
- Melubo, K., & Musau, S. (2020). Digital Banking and Financial Inclusion of Women Enterprises in Narok County, Kenya. International Journal of Current Aspects in Finance, Banking and Accounting, 2(1), 28-41. https://doi.org/10.35942/ijcfa.v2i1.104
- Kwesi, E., Musau, S. & Mithi, F. (2020), Diaspora Remmitances and Financial Inclusion in Kenya. European Journal of Business Management and Research 5(2):1-10 DOI: 10.24018/ejbmr.2020.5.2.289
- Musau, S., Muathe, S. & Mwangi, R. (2018), Financial Inclusion, Bank Competitiveness and Credit Risk of Commercial Banks in Kenya. International journal of financial research Vol 9, No 1 (2018)
- Musau, S., Muathe, S. & Mwangi, R. (2018), Financial Inclusion, GDP and Credit Risk of Commercial Banks in Kenya. International journal of economics and finance Vol 10, No 3march (2018)
- Musau, S., Muathe, S. & Mwangi, R. (2017), Effects of Financial Inclusion on Liquidity Risk of Commercial Banks in Kenya. International Journal of Economics and Finance. Vol. 6 (12
- Musau,S. A., & Jagongo. A.(2016) Analysis of the Utilization of Agency Banking on the Performance of Kenyan Banks. International Journal of Finance and Accounting 4 (12),1-16.
Musau, S., Muathe, S. & Mwangi, R. (2017), Deepening Financial Inclusion and Stability of Commercial Banks in Kenya: Synergies and Trade-offs. A paper presented at the 6th Annual Banking Research Conference in Kenya September, 2017.
Musau, S., Muathe, S. & Mwangi, R. (2017),Financial Access, Competitiveness and Stability of Commercial Banks in Kenya A paper presented at Gretsa University International Multidisciplinary Conference November 2017 .
Musau, S., Muathe, S. & Mwangi, R. (2017), The relationship between financial inclusion and stability of commercial banks in Kenya A paper presented the 15th African Finance Journal Conference at Kenya School of Monetary studies,Nairobi 18-19April 2018/