DSVOL FAQs 2019
As a new student, you will be automatically enrolled to a Training Course, on the learning management system (Kusoma.ku.ac.ke). The training course is code TLC 100. It has all the information passed during the orientation exercise. For any unclear details or inquiries, kindly contact DSVOL through any of our contact information.
After submitting the assignment online, click on the VIEW SUBMISSIONS link below the assignment. The resulting window should show either the file or text you submitted for grading. In addition, you should see the option to EDIT SUBMISSION.
Contact the respective lecturer of the unit regarding the issue via a forum or chat or email. Additionally, access the DSVOL contact page and report the issue to the content development section.
Once you have downloaded the cats/tutorials/exams timetable, open it using WPS Office on your learning tablet PC or MS Excel on a desktop/laptop. Using WPS office, once the timetable is open, click on TOOLS on the bottom left section of the window. On the resulting window, click on VIEW, this should reveal a FIND text bar. Key in the unit you wish to find, without adding a space in-between the letters. E.g. UCU100. If you still cannot find the unit, at the top of the open window, click on a different sheet e.g. SEMESTER 1, SEMESTER 2, SEMESTER 3, and repeat the search procedure.
On a desktop, after downloading the timetable and opening it using MS Excel, hold down the CTRL key and press the F KEY. This will reveal a dialog box. On the dialog box, identify the WITHIN option and change the search criteria from SHEET to WORKBOOK.
Then proceed to key in the unit you wish to find on the find text box and click on find.
Contact the Teaching and Quality Assurance department through the contacts place on the contacts page and inquire if the unit is on offer.
The Digital School Service Center is located on the College of Education Building, third floor, ROOM 317.
Contact the Content Development Department through the contacts allocated on the contacts page and report the issue.
On the desk top or laptop. Open your browser and Login to kusoma.ku.ac.ke your user name is your registration number ( e.g 7777/2018). Your password is 12345. On your tablet, go to play store and download the application called ku digital learning. Install it then log in. your user name is your registration number ( e.g 7777/2018), Your password is 12345.
DSVOL catalogue is found on our website at www.ku.ac.ke/dsvol
- Kindly identify your course/program.
- The year one is indicated on the left hand side of the table, with the columns standing for semesters. Using this logic, select your year and semester and you will trace your units.
- Within your year and semester, identify the units that have been waived.
- Identify the units that have not been waived, these are the units you will register for.
- If the units not waived are less than 6, pick an additional unit(s) from the next semester’s list of units.
- The catalogue is organized according to schools and departments, check on all the departments you belong, you’ll find the units offered by all departments.
- From the student portal select academics, then online registration, then begin online registration.
- Enter unit code without space, then click on quick add, and finally click on register.
- A maximum of seven units.
- Contact DSVOL staff for registration of units that require prerequisites or retakes. (www.ku.ac.ke/dsvol).
• Contact the DSVOL staff for removal of a unit and unit adjustment. (www.ku.ac.ke/dsvol).
• In your student portal, the registered units will show ‘registered’ status on the right hand pane.
• This also means the units are registered.
• This means the units are not yet registered.
• This means that one of your grades, for that particular unit is missing. Either a CAT, Assignment, quiz or Exam marks.
• DSVOL tutorial timetable is found on our website (www.ku.ac.ke/dsvol).
• Report the missing unit to the TQA department before the given deadline.
• Report the clashing units to the TQA department for adjustment before the given deadline.
• Report the missing lecturer to the TQA department for immediate action.
• At the first page of the timetable, all venues and their respective locations are indicated. Kindly refer to it.